Friday 16 January 2015

My musical inspiration

While planning my song I looked into Artists that I  found to be inspirational to me artists like Kate Nash really inspired me mainly because a lot of her songs tell a story in a simple way. Her lyrics are simple and easy to remember so they stay in your head a long time.

One of the main artists that inspired my song was Demi Lovarto, her songs' La La Land' and 'This is Me' are two songs I wanted to channel though my song. Each of these songs are about being yourself, finding out who you are, and not letting anything change you. This song  tells you to be yourself and believe that you can do what you want.
'Do you know what it's like
To feel so in the dark
To dream about a life
Where you're the shining star
Even though it seems
Like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself
It's the only way' 
Demi Lovarto (2015)
When she brought out 'La La Land' it was just after she got her break with 'Sonny with a chance' and this song was a message saying she wasn't going to change who she was because of it she was going to keep her feet on the ground.  'Well, I'm not gonna change, In the la-la land machine' Demi Lovarto (2015)
Lyrically these songs had a massive impact on my song these helped me decide what I wanted to write about and what message I wanted to portray.

Mcfly's walk in the sun is a massive influence on my final song, the simplicity of the song really stuck with me the fact it was acoustic and it was heat felt and passionate.  This song has stuck we me for a long time because the lyrics and the melody work so well together.I wanted my song to show this level of passion and Rawness. (Walk In the Sun, 2006)

One of my main Inspirations though was my own experiences, my individual piece reflex some of the things that I have been though and how I have struggled with it and dealt with it over the last few months. I find that songs written about personal experiences seem more passionate hard hitting and genuine then ones written about other scenarios.
'I think songwriting is the ultimate form of being able to make anything that happens in your life productive' (Taylor Swift 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment